Requisition ID: 279268
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve peoples lives.
Ariba is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer with a passion for growth in the increasingly important field of security engineering. This position focuses on security and security engineering as it applies to the Ariba OnDemand platform, its software stack, and the underlying infrastructure. The individual should have a passion for security principles, have a background in software development and agile principles, and have experience with test automation. As a senior quality engineer, you are responsible for collaborating with architects and other technical leaders on overall technology direction, but you have ownership of test planning, test case automation and delivery with high quality.
- Take initiative and drive topics to resolution in a high level of quality, speed, reliability and efficiency.
- Participate in continuous flow of planning, design, test development and execution.
- Write complex code/scripts to test systems, implement test harness and infrastructure as necessary.
- Partner with developers to prevent defects, analyze test results (issues) and take appropriate follow-up actions.
- Define and implement test cases in the area of Encryption at Rest using JCE and similar cryptographic APIs.
- Evaluate reported security vulnerabilities and reproduce in development environments, allowing confirmation and validation of engineering fixes.
- Develop end-to-end test cases for non-functional security requirements.
- Ensure delivered functionality meets the requirements of external and internal stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate test results across development teams.
- Demonstrate and review quality deliverables and metrics with senior leadership and product management.
- Multi-tasking – Ability to manage multiple tasks and objectives simultaneously.
- Composure under Pressure Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines.
- Develop advanced overall product and technical knowledge and share expertise within and across team.
- Open to work on Perl/shell code and have responsibility for setting up and maintaining test services.
- Build knowledge of the Ariba Products and services.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security or related field
- 8+ years professional experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Engineering
- Knowledge of Selenium, JUnit, Katalon, Protractor, and other test automation tools
- Working knowledge of Java
- Have or develop knowledge of the TLS protocol and be able to troubleshoot and diagnose handshake issues as we strengthen our TLS protocol support
- Ability to work in an agile development environment and capable of working effectively in cross-cultural global teams
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, results-oriented, customer-oriented attitude, good strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience in cloud-based SaaS applications
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, Maven and GIT
About SAP Ariba:
SAP Ariba is the worlds business commerce network. We help companies extend their business commerce processes into the Cloud, where they can use our Procurement solutions and the Ariba Network to find opportunities to cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with trading partners. The Ariba Network is the worlds largest trading partner community with more than $3.75 trillion of commerce flowing through and more than 5.3 million businesses in 190 countries around the world.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.