As the Senior Ecommerce Developer, you will focus on the development of production code for a variety of websites ranging from e-commerce to marketing both desktop and mobile. You will work on e-commerce projects as well as interact at a customer-facing level internally with the creative department to ensure that marketing projects meet expectations and are on time and within budget. Ultimately you help create engaging and quality e-commerce experiences that help save the home planet.
What You’ll Do:
- Experience in building user interfaces from wireframes and designs and be able to deploy applications in a cross-platform/cross-browser environment.
- Website optimization including understanding of FCP, FMP, TTI, LCP, TTFB
- Understanding of browser compatibility and screen limitations.
- Knowledge and demonstrated capacity in responsive design/mobile first development and touch input.
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Experience with API’s (REST/Web Services) both utilizing and building.
- Working knowledge of code repository best practices and use.
- SDLC knowledge and Agile software development methodologies.
- Visual Studio Code/Eclipse IDE
- Version control tools such as Git, Github
- Knowledge of the Atlassian toolset (JIRA/Confluence)
- Experience with Node.js, Webpack, Gulp, ESLint
- Research and evaluate the applicability of emerging technologies and design patterns. Examples include HTML5, CSS3, Middleware pattern, Website Optimization, Sustainable Web Design, Responsive & Mobile First Design
- Research and recommend improvements to existing code base and web systems.
- Documenting system problems and their resolutions for future reference.
Who You Are:
- Passionate- for ecommerce and saving our planet.
- Analytical- Rational and likes to dig into the details to understand how systems and processes work.
- Flexible- Adaptable and able to work in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Detail-oriented – Very astute navigating technology and incredibly organized managing many small details.
- Self-reflective- Acknowledge own’s experience and experiences of others. Adjusts behaviors for success in an inclusive workplace.
- Inclusive- Experience working with groups across differences in respectful and equitable ways.
- Proactive- demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Service-minded- excellent service and support skills, in person and in writing.
Experience You Bring:
- College Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 4+ years professional development experience including e-commerce, web application development, and systems integration.
- 2+ years experience developing on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform preferably with the Storefront Reference Architecture (SFRA).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Deep technical knowledge of web systems, technology infrastructure, and technical frameworks.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use data and analytics to understand and improve performance.
- Maintaining a flexible work schedule and be on-call during evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation, is conscientious, and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Strong ecommerce knowledge.
- Experience with content management systems a plus.
- Understanding of Web Accessibility concepts.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.