We are looking for experienced Senior Site Reliability Engineers to work on our cloud operations platform turning the best open source technologies into frustration-free cloud services. You’ll be part of a team working on the Aiven cloud platform, improving its scalability, reliability, monitoring and alerting and ensuring the systems are able to scale with our rapidly growing customer base. Depending on your interests, you can also participate in new feature development as well as helping to extend our product portfolio of open source data technologies.
Our philosophy is to automate everything and to avoid repetitive manual work in everything we do. Our own backend systems are mostly implemented in Python with bits of Java, Go and C. We offer and operate a number of complex open source databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL and Apache Cassandra as well as other open source data technologies like Apache Kafka.
To succeed in this role, you need a strong background in software engineering and an excellent understanding of Unix systems administration and networking. We are looking for self-driven engineers who are enthusiastic about programming and willing to help others. We value analytical problem-solving skills and an openness to new ideas.
Key requirements for success in this role include:
- Excellent development skills in Python
- Hands-on experience with some of the following systems: Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Apache ZooKeeper, PostgreSQL, MySQL and Elasticsearch
- Excellent Linux systems administration and networking skills
- Experience in systems automation
What we value:
- Good understanding of IT security
- Distributed systems knowledge
- Experience in writing technical blog posts and giving technical presentation
We are looking for self-driven engineers who are enthusiastic about programming and willing to help others. We value analytical problem-solving skills and an openness to new ideas.
- A dynamic start-up environment with a rapidly growing, international business
- Highly experienced colleagues
- Lots of space and freedom to be yourself and act as an owner
What we can offer:
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Relocation package
- Mobile phone and subscription
- Flexible working hours
- Office snacks, soft drinks, treats and fruits (once stay at home order is over and travel is back to normal)
If you’re interested, send us your application along with a link to your GitHub profile.