As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will lead capabilities that are critical to Hyperscience’s success and the success of our clients. Hyperscience serves our customers on-premise (including client-managed private clouds) and is currently building out our Cloud SaaS offering. Our SRE Team is responsible for defining the technology stack, tooling, automation, standards and practices for the SRE capability focused on our clients’ operations and infrastructure. You will collaborate with our CloudOps team on our SaaS and general Cloud incident management, including definition and adherence to effective SLAs. You will partner with our application engineering teams to ensure alignment with the Product roadmap and technical roadmap. For our on-premise customers, you will execute on standards, practices, and processes for on-premise incident management and escalation, including Tier 2 and Tier 3 support, as well as an SRE roadmap for tooling and automation to make on-premise operations and serviceability simple for our customers. You will partner with the Customer Success (CX) team to ensure effective collaboration in support of our clients. As with Google’s definition of SRE, our focus is on automation. This means that strong software development and scripting practices and capabilities are central to the team. This is an exciting time for Hyperscience’s product and business. You will have the opportunity to influence and deliver on a bold vision for transforming the way organizations model and execute their business processes, and there will be many opportunities for growth along the way.
- Partner with our product management and software engineering teams to implement services and utilities that help our Customer Experience teams drive better customer satisfaction across incidents, escalations, and operations.
- Respond to technical support escalations for troubleshooting and diagnosing advanced technical issues, and provide solutions to restore Hyperscience services levels in accordance to defined SLAs.
- Act as an incident response commander for high severity issues by organizing and driving the cross-functional incident response team to recover from service degradation and deliver remediation in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead postmortem analyses to maintain high transparency across the organization regarding the process of incident handling and drive continuous improvement.
- Partner with Customer Experience and Product Engineering teams to evolve Hyperscience products and services reliability, serviceability and operations, for both on-premise deployment and our Cloud based SaaS offering.
- Align with Product Engineering teams to establish SLIs and SLOs for their feature components, continuously evolving our thresholds holds and metrics to meet business requirements.
- Influence designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems for reliability, scalability and serviceability, collaborate with a world-class engineering team to propose features that solve recurring patterns of customer complaints.
- Build and maintain a site reliability engineering toolbox in order to provide automated utilities to proactively help operations and technical support teams to sustain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field OR equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience related to site reliability engineering
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong experience with a SRE tech stack including tooling and automation strategy and implementation to improve incident response effectiveness across Engineering and CX
- Experience in operations, including automation, monitoring, alerting, and incident management
- Experience in relational database systems troubleshooting, performance tuning, development and migration
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, ideally AWS or Azure
- Experience with enterprise software (cloud or on-premise)
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and teamwork communication skills
Nice to haves
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with major NoSQL databases
- Ideally this position is in New York City, but working remotely elsewhere on the US East Coast is an option.