Want to be a Hero? – Join one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery platforms!
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer – Search (f/m/d) to support our search teams and help us deliver an amazing search experience in more than 45 countries and 25 languages. You’re an experienced SRE with a hands-on approach, capable of proposing solutions and discussing infrastructure topics and building scalable solutions which power the Delivery Hero Search engine.
- Propose and develop improvements to the platform, whether they be upgrading a system component or designing and building a whole new workflow
- Build close relationships with platform engineers to identify bottlenecks before they get to production
- Build systems to provide monitoring and metrics to the backend development teams
- Propose and implement improvements to the platform to increase resilience and uptime
- Perform analysis of system failures and work to ensure high availability
- Design and develop systems and tools to automate and orchestrate the cloud environment
- Always aim higher and continuously improve the infrastructure and the workflow of the teams
- Take part in an on-call rotation to ensure platform uptime and satisfied customers
Your heroic skills
- Automation comes naturally to you and is your first instinct
- Our stack is based on Kubernetes on public cloud, the more exposure and experience you have with those platforms the better
- Some exposure to high availability and disaster recovery strategies is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Google Cloud Platform, knowledge of other cloud providers such as AWS is a bonus
- Knowledge of one or more programming or scripting languages (such as Python or Golang)
- You have strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- You’re not afraid to take ownership of big problems and deliver solutions to them
- You’re as happy speaking to and interacting with other Infrastructure engineers as you are with non-technical product owners and management
- You enjoy providing mentorship to other team members and spread knowledge
Nice to have
- Experience with Terraform, Helm and Kubernetes
- Experience with managing Elasticsearch on top of Kubernetes
- Experience with setting up and managing Apache Airflow, Apache Ignite or similar technologies
- Familiarity with DataDog
- Experience with CloudFlare or similar technologies
Why Delivery Hero?
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers in our active guilds and through our global tech & product community
- We offer visa & relocation support globally to our permanent employees
- Enjoy our free online yoga classes and a subsidized Urban Sports Club or Gympass membership
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with our free Headspace subscription and unlimited access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Participate in our health campaigns such as seasonal flu vaccines
- Benefit from BVG subsidy or join our Bike rental program
- Join the global market leader and a publicly listed company with a competitive remuneration package
- Develop your skills with your personal educational budget for conferences and external trainings
- Access our e-learning platform MyAcademy, participate in our various inhouse trainings, and learn German in our free classes
- Save responsibly with our attractive corporate pension options
- Join company parties, team, cultural and sports events – due to the current situation on a virtual basis
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery platforms and are now innovating and creating new services such as groceries, pharmacies, and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are looking for the most talented people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring — therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.