Are you interested in digging in and solving problems using a logical and methodical approach? Do you enjoy learning about programming and exploring new technologies? Are you looking to make a splash as part of a small but growing team? Then we’re looking for you!
We are closing in on 1,300 customers and we are looking to expand our Development team so that we can continue to grow and refine our product (and create new ones).
As an FMX Developer on the API and Integrations team, you’ll expand our public API coverage, develop integrations that delight our customers, provide technical mentorship to team members, and help keep the FMX technology stack modern. As part of a small but growing team, you’ll have significant influence over the direction of our product and the future of our company. You’ll get to explore new technologies and have lots of opportunities to improve your breadth of knowledge.
- Expand the capabilities of our public API
- Build API and other types of integrations with external applications
- Develop and execute test plans and cases
- Consult with team members to determine the feasibility of new integration projects
- Communicate technical considerations of integration projects with customers
- Provide triage support for our API and existing integrations
- Explore new technologies for use with integrations
- Provide technical guidance to the team
Experience & Qualities:
- You are a strategic thinker who thrives on problem-solving
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- You have strong written communication and organizational skills
- You are self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are a fast learner and are capable of quickly becoming an expert on our product
- You can complete challenging work with minimal supervision
- You are a creative thinker and comfortable with completing work where specs are not always fully defined
- You write code that does what it is intended to do, is readable, and performs well
- You embody our core pillars: We value our work ethic, we are disciplined in our processes and responsibilities, we are coachable and seek out constructive criticism, we value results and are performance-driven, we treat each other and everyone we meet with respect and integrity.
- 5+ years of Development experience
- Several years of experience developing APIs and Integrations
DevOps: SVN, Git, TeamCity, Azure DevOps, Microsoft Azure, AWS
Business Tools: Our own software for bug / feature tracking, Google Hangouts, Slack
Life as an FMX Developer:
- You’ll make a big impact: You’ll have significant influence over the direction and future of our API and integration offerings and company.
- You’ll feel an immediate sense of accomplishment: We have frequent releases, so you’ll often have your code running in production the same week it’s written.
- You’ll learn and grow in your role and outside of it: You’ll work with and learn from experienced developers on our team who will give detailed code reviews. Our developers also dedicate 10% of their time to learning new technologies or working on projects that interest them and we have a training and incentive program.
- Enjoy flexible working hours: Have a dentist appointment at 8:30 AM? Need to tack on an extra 15 minutes at lunch to squeeze in that workout? As long as you’re getting your work done, then our working hours are flexible.
- Work from home: At FMX we are remote-first, but you’re welcome to use our office as you need. We keep our break room stocked with free snacks and drinks 24/7. We also have an office kegerator.
- Meetings are kept to a minimum: It’s hard to program when you’re constantly being interrupted.
- You’ll enjoy a collaborative culture and a close-knit team: We’re a team of hard-working, high-fiving, friendly folks. We take collaboration, transparency, continuous improvement, and work/life balance seriously.
The candidate for this position can be located anywhere in the US.
FMX is an equal opportunity employer.