Crowdsourcing is critical for many of Microsoft’s machine learning features. The UHRS (Universal Human Resource System) team within WebXT (Web Experience Team) is central to these efforts. We are responsible for the platform that collects data from a large, diverse, worldwide pool of workers. This data is the foundation to evaluate and train AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning) models across Microsoft. We are one of the top 3 AI labeling platforms worldwide and aspire to grow by a magnitude in the coming years.
You will find a great mix of R&D opportunities as well as engineering opportunities around big data and have the opportunity to work with world-class data scientists. You will work across our stack, from our public-facing React-based UX, to our Azure-hosted backend, to analyzing data with the latest available tools. You will impact the latest products across Microsoft, impacting billions of people.
We are seeking a senior developer to not only contribute to our existing platform, but also become a domain expert, and to strengthen the machine learning and data analysis experience on our team. Growth and potential impact are very high.
- Design and develop features for Microsoft’s crowdsourcing platform
- Manage live site
- Perform data analysis to understand needs and propose new features
- Collaborate with program managers, partner with data scientist and vendor companies to design new features
- Mentor other engineers and proactively seeks mentorship from others
- Strong software engineering background with minimum 5 years of experience in writing robust and maintainable production code is required.
- Exceptional problem solving & critical thinking
- Strong communication skills and customer empathy
- Passionate and self-motivated, with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team-player that will put team and organization first
- Software development skills and aptitude for software design, coding and quality. Must be familiar with data structures and able to script for ML tasks proficiently.
- Masters or PhD is preferred with focus on information retrieval or machine learning
- Strong data analysis experience
- Experience with C#
- Experience with SQL
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.