Req ID: 40809
Location: Seattle, WA
Other location(s): Seattle (WA)
Relocation benefits offered: Yes
Travel required: None
“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I can influence my income.”
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
“I can lead a full life.”
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you’re raising a family, you’re passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we’ll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate’s ability to work remotely.
In this senior software engineering role, you will architect and implement sophisticated distributed systems to support our investment team’s most critical decisions. You will design and own major services, drive adoption of best-in-class technologies, and launch critical features to impact over $2 trillion in assets under management.
Capital Group’s mission since 1931 has been to improve our customers’ lives through successful long-term investing. As a privately held company with over eight decades of proprietary research and trading data, we are in a unique position to leverage large-scale cloud computing to deliver even more value to our funds’ investors. The ideal candidate for this senior engineering role will be passionate about our team’s mission of applying modern engineering and quantitative methods to drive superior long-term investment results.
- You are considered a technical leader on your team and own the systems you design and build.
- You bring a high level of craftsmanship to your work, ensuring integrity in both form and function.
- You collaborate effectively to drive team strategy, guiding architecture and technology choices.
- You bring a cloud-first approach to designing robust, distributed, and scalable services for both data processing and calculation.
- You set the standard for quality, simplicity, test coverage, and documentation.
- You work to identify and resolve the root causes of endemic problems, and collaborate effectively with other teams to implement correct, long-term fixes.
- You are an agent of change with a sense of urgency but are respectful of what came before.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong OO and functional design skills with an understanding of common design patterns.
- Experience with low-latency Software Oriented Architecture (SOA) designs.
- Experience with data pipelines and asynchronous computing models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and high emotional intelligence.
- Experience working collaboratively within an agile team, including test-driven development.
- Track record of successfully delivering enterprise-grade software into production.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Expert knowledge of GraphQL.
- Experience creating financial analytics systems.
“I can apply in less than 4 minutes.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I can learn more about Capital Group.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Job Segment: Developer, Social Media, Cloud, Testing, Technology, Marketing, Research