Creative Assembly are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to join our Live Services team based at out studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of game-agnostic and company-wide online services. Working alongside the Developers, other SDETs and Dev Managers, you will help to ensure the teams deliver their games on time with the services required to support them.
This role will be instrumental in the implementation of test automation activities across our online services. You will be key in developing frameworks, tests, and tools to automate and help accelerate all aspects of product development, pipelines, tooling.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Being a proactive member of the team
- Have a strong focus on quality and risk assessment throughout the delivery cycle, identifying and implementing automation approaches as required
- Have a good understanding of a variety of test approaches in a distributed system environment
- Help provide a resilient and responsive online service for our significant player base on multiple live titles
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience in building test automation framework for large-scale backend services
- Experience in developing test automation with Python
- Experience in Pytest, Nose, Cucumber, TestNG or equivalent test frameworks
- Skilled in both functional and non-functional testing
- Strong understanding of HTTP and RESTful APIs
- In-dept understanding of exploratory testing and its applications
- Experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies
- System and critical thinking mindset
- Experience with Docker and AWS or GCP
- Experience with OpenAPI/Swagger
- Experience with test management tools
- Experience with Erlang Common Test framework