SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
DornerWorks, a leader in embedded systems engineering, is growing and seeks a Senior Software Engineer to join our FPGA team. You will be creating cutting edge software for FPGA based systems and products. You will keep up with industry trends, participate in software design decisions, and continue to add to your development portfolio.
Our team is smart, passionate and innovative. We are focused on providing engineering services and product solutions to our customers in the aerospace and defense, automotive, medical, and consumer industries. Our depth of talent, diverse customer base, outstanding reputation, and strong leadership is the foundation of our success and we are poised for continued growth and expansion.
At DornerWorks’ you can make a difference. Your days will be filled with challenge and variety, working closely with other talented engineers and playing an important part of our company’s future and growth.
If you are customer oriented, engineering minded, collaborative, and driven to be a part of company-wide success this is the opportunity for you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Design, code and debug software in C and C++ that may be synthesized into HLS or SDSoC.
- Develop software to initialize, configure, and test FPGA functionality.
- Integrate software and custom logic with existing systems and with embedded hardware designs.
- Perform software modeling and simulation.
- Work with customers and internal teams to develop software and FPGA requirements, architecture and design documents.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality.
- Maintain competence by staying current with latest technologies, products, and tools – especially those related to custom logic and Linux.
- Manage tasks according to project budget and schedule.
- Work to identify specific opportunities for technology, tools, and process improvement.
- Serve as a Software Technical Lead on multi discipline projects
- Understanding of best-practice software engineering and principles for C, C++, HLS, and SDSoC.
- Commit to and meet scheduled deadlines for tasks assigned.
- Work with project manager to develop detail task plan, estimates and support proposals
- Able and willing to mentor less experienced software engineers
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- A minimum of 7+ years of professional experience in closely related field.
- BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Computer Engineering (BSCE), Computer Science.
- Experience with full life-cycle robust design process in applicable industries and for multiple projects
- Strong experience in software development targeted at embedded microprocessors and/or multiple architectures
- Experience with developing under Linux
- Experience implementing device drivers for FPGA based applications
- Basic understanding of custom logic principles and technologies.
- Strong interest in and willingness to develop with HLS, SDSoC and other FPGA based SW tools
- Unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
WHAT WE’D ALSO LIKE TO SEE:
- Experience with Xilinx, Microchip or Intel/Altera tool chains and technologies.
- Experience with PetaLinux, Yocto, and FreeRTOS.
- Experience with HLS, SDSoC and other FPGA based SW tools
- Experience in aerospace, medical, automotive, space or defense industry.
- Ability to adapt to a diverse customer base.
- Interest in new areas in research and development
- Ability to author technical white papers in new areas of interest
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- The opportunity to have work that is challenging, diverse, engaging, and collaborative
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Healthy work/life balance, at DornerWorks’ that is not just an empty slogan; it is one of our core values
- Compressed work week, with the opportunity to take every other Friday off and flexible hours
- Right now, during these unique times we are experiencing due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working remote (quite successfully we might add). We continue to assess the situation and will consider on going remote work flexibility moving forward.
Learn more about DornerWorks and our culture from our website at www.DornerWorks.com.
Learn more about the great city of Grand Rapids and the natural splendor of West Michigan at: https://hellowestmichigan.com/our-communities/grand-rapids/
DornerWorks believes a diverse workplace yields better ideas and outcomes and we are committed to promoting diversity of experience, perspectives, and capabilities. Each individual makes a unique contribution to our company. We recognize that diversity is critical to our success. DornerWorks proudly supports a culture of inclusion that encourages a work environment that honors diverse opinions. Employees can thrive here, and know their individual skills, abilities and viewpoints are honored.
DornerWorks is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. EEO/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
This facility operates under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and therefore, any person hired must demonstrate with verifiable documentation that they are either: (i) a U.S. Citizen; (ii) an active Green Card Holder; or (iii) a “Protected Person” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324 (b)(a)(3).