Storable is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who strives to deliver high quality software that powers our high traffic marketplace websites. Storable engineers own the entire development process, from working with the product and design team members to define the problem, through development, deployment, testing and monitoring. Marketplace engineers deploy code frequently and work on projects that directly impact clients, consumers, and businesses outcomes.
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Must be located in one of the following states: TX, NC, KS, MO, PA, CO, IL, IN
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That’s why we’ve built the industry’s first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
What you’ll get to work on everyday:
- Work closely with UX designers to create new components
- Implement event tracking and user A/B testing
- Use the latest techniques to optimize sites for speed and improved user experience
- Develop new features through the full stack of React websites, NodeJS middleware, and backend microservices
- Lead and contribute to design decisions for RESTful APIs that scale
- Contribute to overall code and product quality and performance by developing automated tests and monitoring
- Collaborate with team members on solutions and participate in pair programming and code reviews
- Encourage best practices demonstrating how to create effective designs and write maintainable, reusable code
What you need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related degree program or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional Software Engineering experience
- Experience developing browser based user interfaces in React
- Experience working with and developing APIs
- Strong SQL and understanding of relational databases
- Familiarity with no-SQL data stores
- Solid tech skills around the basics: software design patterns, implementation, unit testing, debugging
- Strong written and verbal communication skills showing an ability to interface with business stakeholders and engineers
- Willingness to take ownership and dig deep to understand the product and how changes affect end users
- AWS cloud experience, S3, EC2, etc
- Experience with Symfony or other modern PHP framework
Benefits and Perks:
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, company-provided life insurance, and more.
- Engage remotely! Since March 2021 we transitioned to a fully remote environment and we run regular contests, trivia games and remote happy hours!
- Instant-Access & Flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – Company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for once-in-a-lifetime Bucketlist experiences!
- We provide your equipment, a new hire stipend, and a recurring monthly home internet stipend
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.