About the Team:
VIZIO is looking for a seasoned leader, highly technical, hands-on, Senior Software Engineer for our Cloud Team and report to the Sr. Director of Cloud. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be building fault tolerant, and distributed software capable of processing millions of operations per minute.
- 10+ years of professional experience in shipping production software
- MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experienced with cloud infrastructure – ideally Amazon AWS tools and services
- Excellent Linux skills – must be totally comfortable at the command line
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Strong understanding of multithreading, synchronization and concurrent programming.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Golang is desired.
- Comfortable designing and communicating technical design choices.
- Must have knowledge and experience building high volume information systems on top of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Extremely strong networking skills – must understand how networking really work
- Professional developer – experienced with source control and bug tracking
- Bonus points for any background with SmartTV technology
What You Will Do:
- Develop highly optimized networked distributed system software that operates at huge scale
- Develop video system software to process images, fingerprint video, analyze media streams
- Develop tools to monitor and control large-scale cloud (AWS) infrastructure
- Develop tools to support interacting with large scale data systems
- Develop tools to interact with SmartTV’s applications