Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Are you a software engineer passionate about optimizing development and testing lifecycle via bringing in new testing methodologies, tools and process automation? Our team at Audible, ensures quality of Audibles website applications (across International market places) and services for our global listeners. We are the home for tech talent that wants to grow Audibles market leading business and help to deliver superior customer experience across desktop and mobile devices in an efficient and optimized manner using latest tools and processes. The team is comprised of QA engineers and developers who work in an agile environment and partner closely with Audible and Amazon tech teams – Product, UX and Dev.
As a Software Development Engineer at Audible Web and International team, you will be acting as Quality Engineering enabler by leading test automation and infrastructure development, and driving automated testing. You will be responsible for implementing new and best industry practices towards improvements across our stack which will provide you an opportunity for learning and career growth.
You will partner with Quality Assurance Engineers, Developers, and Product Managers to enable our QAEs and SDEs to deliver faster with high quality outcomes. You will be staying current in the latest trends in technology and have a desire to lead adoption of innovative practices and play a major role in transformation journey across the organization.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
· Capable of independently clarifying technical requirements, assessing development estimates and applying a broad range of design approaches.
· Able to use technology to solve difficult problems. Able to define a design, turn it into high quality code, and deliver it on schedule. Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is (and isnt) appropriate to use them.
· Drive continuous improvement of software quality, CX and maintainability of products/features.
· Develop the best automation and tooling, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
· Define and Develop standards and frameworks to ensure most efficient processes and highest level of quality, as well as design tools for unit, functional, performance and security testing in a programmatic manner.
· Build test software that exposes API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective.
· Innovate and drive adoption of latest industry best practices.
· Programmatically test the product, Measure test coverage and Develop right metrics to showcase value add based on adoption of new best practices.
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
· Able to write and enforce logical and maintainable code.
· Able to provide code reviews and assess an existing software application, correctly identify enhancements that can be made to improve it.
· Proven ability to identify and resolve the root cause of software defects.
· Experience in designing and building test tools and systems.
· Expert level with Java/C++ or other OO languages.
· Understanding of QA Methodologies and software life cycle.
· Understanding of application architecture and technology infrastructure
· Experience with test and behavior driven development.
· Understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes.
· Experience with but not limited to JUnit/TestNG, JBehave (or other BDD framework), Selenium, mock objects.
· Problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.