System Engineers are able to effectively collaborate across research, engineering, and software teams. We’re looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take “no” for an answer. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history! You will lead the design, development, integration and manufacturing of complex systems. This includes delivering on development plans, progressing through design phases, proof of concept demonstration, system architecture & integration, verification & validation, and optimization for scalability. To be successful in the role, it will be critical to work with cross-functional engineering and project management teams, from design studio to product design and HW engineering, as well as with external suppliers to help the team achieve the program goals. Day to day, this role will require you to facilitate data driven decision making, drive cross functional trade studies, coordinate priorities, escalations and oversee system cost, budget and timing from concept stage till manufacturing readiness for full production of new programs. An ideal candidate would be comfortable with ambiguity and excited to develop, drive and ship ground-breaking, new technologies and products.
In addition, you will:
* Coordinate technical design reviews, communicating project status and top engineering issues to project team and management.
* Identify technical staffing needs to support integration events to Program Office
* Identify technical risks and opportunities (R&Os) to leadership for Systems scope
* Answer technical questions from the customer
* Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).
* Experience leading a technical team on Integration & Verification Events
* Experience engineering and building model-base systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale
* Knowledge of software engineering practices & patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and live site operations
* Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch and SLA-driven operations of the project
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of product development processes
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
* Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Proven ability to interface with customers and senior management
* Strong Mathematical/Statistical fundamentals
* Understands and able to communicate complex, technical, engineering issues
* Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans