SonarCloud is an online service to eliminate bugs and vulnerabilities, and champion quality code in the software development process. It is already a standard product that extends Github, Bitbucket and Azure DevOps. Our goal is to make it the ultimate online automatic code analysis solution and get it adopted by millions of users for millions of projects and billions of lines of code.
The team behind SonarCloud is looking for a talented developer passionate about turning SonarCloud into a cloud-native application. You will be part of an autonomous team without a manager. You will choose what to work on.
The Impact you can have
The team behind SonarCloud is composed of passionate developers who are progressively re-architecting SonarCloud to a pure cloud-native application composed of multiple services, in order to deliver great new features more fluently. By joining us, you will leverage your experience and expertise to bring SonarCloud to its next stage of evolution to delight our users and customers.
This means implementing massively scalable services, automating all systems operations, measuring, and continuously improving the service quality. To achieve this goal, we are looking for talented Site Reliability Engineers.
On a daily basis, you will
- Evolve and operate SonarCloud
- Operate our AWS Cloud Infrastructure
- Monitor and proactively maintain SonarCloud’s Service Levels (availability, scalability, and performance)
- React and own alerts, troubleshoot issues and incidents
- Analyze abnormal trends in SLI, or when SLO is breached and trigger actions
- Enhance the monitoring and observability tools (CFN and CDK python) and Own implementation of four golden signals across the SC platform (Latency, Traffic, Errors and Saturation)
- Collaborate with Cloud engineers, Developers, Release Engineers and SecurityOfficer
- Have a practical understanding of SonarCloud functionality and business processes
- Maintain operational documentation
- Communication with AWS Support for troubleshooting
- Support the customer-facing support functions
- Follow deployments
- Perform technical scheduled maintenances
- Be able to react to high priority incidents 24/7
The skills you will demonstrate
- You have a Prod-support and AWS Cloud background and believe in having DevOps profiles working together as a tightly-knit team.
- You are motivated by both technical and functional aspects of services.
- You also have experience in supporting customer-facing production services with good security practices. You are trained to and believe in leveraging managed services. You are ready to take your fair share of on-call duties as part of support activities.
- You are a friendly, listening, enthusiastic, and organized team player. You actively share your knowledge, give and receive feedback, to improve the team and yourself.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- A DevOps mindset is a must-have
- Robust multi-year experience with AWS implementations
- Excellent engineering skills and good Computer Science fundamentals
- Linux, Git, infrastructure automation tools, scripting languages, monitoring tools (e.g. time-series databases, log parsers, metric collectors, graphing tools, alerting tools)
- As we are seeking multiple candidates if you can demonstrate strong experience in these AWS services domains it is a big plus; AWS RDS Aurora, CloudFront, ECS, Lambda and ElasticSearch
- Good experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC), knowledge of AWS CloudFormation (YAML preferably) and/or the CDK python library is a plus. Prior experience with Terraform is a benefit
- Experience with AWS Well-Architected Review and/or AWS certification is a plus
- Enjoys troubleshooting and finding the root cause of issues
- Familiar with implementing SLI/SLO monitoring and alerting
- Familiar with the Google SRE 4 golden signals
- Comfortable with agile practices and principles (as an example working in sprints)
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as receive feedback
SonarSource is a company with offices in Geneva (Switzerland) and Annecy (France) and Bochum (Germany). The role can be based in either of these offices.
How to perform during interviews
If you want to have an overview of the hiring process and maximize your chances to pass, feel free to check our Interview Preparation Guide!
Words from the Team
We come from different backgrounds, and countries, and have diverse skills and personalities with a DevOps mindset. We are a group of 20+ people having fun at work. We build and run SonarCloud: together we are the SonarCloud team!
Come as you are, and help us make SonarCloud better every day!