Do you like to engineer large scale mission critical solutions that are Always On? Do you like to contribute where cutting edge software development, global scale system architecture and enterprise systems administration intersect? Are you curious about how things break, so that you can eliminate these failure modes? Are you driven to eliminate toil by designing/adopting better tools and automation techniques? If so, we would love to have you in our Production Engineering team.
The Production Engineer is a technical Subject Matter Expert that pro-actively drives the technical stability and performance of the applications in the Chase global technology portfolio. They combine software and systems engineering to design solutions in physical, virtual and cloud environments that automate fault detection, containment, and resolution without customer impact or human intervention. These solutions typically involve software development for metrics and event collection/correlation across distributed architectures, automation, monitoring, intelligent alerting, random fault injection, and self-healing.
Our Production Engineers have a full understanding of the hardware and software architecture of the applications within the end to end business flow and are responsible for guiding/implementing operational technologies in next gen solutions while driving down current technical debt. Working in an Agile DevOps model with Architecture, Operations, Application Development and Infrastructure engineers, they pro-actively develop reusable patterns/solutions that enhance the health and performance of our global platforms, and identify/solve chronic technical issues. They ensure that the developed solutions address non-functional requirements including:
* Performance and Interoperability Requirements
* Application scalability/Capacity Management
* Standards, best practices and Compensating Controls
* Solution designs that are fit for purpose
* Logging, monitoring, intelligent alerting, self-healing
* High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Sustained Resiliency, Chaos Engineering
* Service and Operational Level Agreements
* Application Knowledge Support Artifacts, etc.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field of study/equivalent experience. Graduate level engineering degree preferred.
* Systematic, fact based decision making and problem solving.
* Strong curiosity and bias for pro-active planning, action, ownership, learning and continuous improvement.
* Strong inter-personal skills and ability to cultivate relationships with all internal/external stakeholders, promoting diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures.
* Ability to clearly articulate ideas, problem/solution/business value descriptions that can be understood by a broad audience in a time sensitive environment.
* 7+ years of Software Engineering experience, using one or more object oriented programming languages and/or scripting.
* 5+ years experience in two or more of the following areas (encourage applying to this role if you have good core experience in at least 2 areas):
* Hand-on experience with cloud-based applications, technologies and tools, deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, FluentD, Slack, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
* Relational and NoSQL databases; developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as Cassandra, MQ/JMS/Kafka, Aurora, RDS, Cloud SQL, BigTable, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cloud Spanner, Kinesis, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc.
* Networking (Security, Load Balancing, Network Routing Protocols, etc.)
* Developing monitoring tools and log analysis tools to manage operations
* Managing and/or influencing infrastructure services to ensure application service uptime and user experience
* Machine Learning
* Data structures and algorithms
* Full life cycle experience within an Agile framework
* Mission critical systems experience in a globally distributed framework
* Best practices in infrastructure and application logging, monitoring, intelligent alerting, and automated self-healing
* Experience with DevOps model and tools
* Experience with Site Reliability Engineering
* Experience with Chaos Engineering
* Technical leadership experience; driving initiatives through the entire project lifecycle, mentoring and guiding other team members, driving team/project success in a highly collaborative, collegiate environment
* People management experience; building and developing a team, helping staff develop their skills and achieve career objectives, driving team to achieve organizational objectives, driving employee satisfaction
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans