Help make Alexa better by building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core Alexa product features. You will have wide exposure across Alexa’s components and services and will drive improvements across many systems. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features, driving the system architecture, and spearheading best practices to enable a superior product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. A commitment to team work, ability to innovate quickly, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in fast paced environment where learning new concepts quickly is a must.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to work across many teams and coordinate tasks
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Previous technical internship(s) preferred
- Graduate degree is a plus
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us