Are you a big-picture problem solver who loves setting results-oriented goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group ensuring the OS is inseparable from each devices identity as a whole. Thats because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, youll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices.
The Core OS Power Technologies organization is looking for a hardworking and passionate software engineer to join our test engineering team. As a critical member of the team, you will be working closely with software technologies in system charging and power management. You will be tightly integrated within these development teams, your responsibilities will span across all phases of software delivery process of Apples products, from early design to product launch and beyond. Through ownership of the overall test strategy, youll become intimately familiar with one or more major technologies, taking on responsibilities of test, framework, triage and tool development, along with influencing design decisions.
– Devise and execute a testing strategy for one or more major technologies/features in the energy technologies team
– Gain a deep understanding of the design, requirements and architecture within energy tech
– Influence inclusion of testability into the software design
– Develop and automate unit, functional and system-level tests
– Define and drive quality metrics to track progress and improvements
– Collaborate cross-functionally with peer test, QA and validation teams across Apple
– Assess and represent end-user impact of issues, shaping key product decisions
– Explore novel approaches to build new test frameworks, automation and infrastructure to streamline testing