Penn Interactive Ventures (PI) is a real-money interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. As the digital arm to Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S., we are poised for fast-paced growth in the sports betting and online casino space and are looking for a SDET to join our expanding Sportsbook team!
The Software Development Engineer in Test works in conjunction with the QA Tech Lead on a relatively small, cross-functional team to assist in coordinating testing for a one-of-a-kind, native sports betting experience. Candidates for this role will assist our engineering team in building and testing a revolutionary sportsbook from the ground up.
- Define approach to testing complex systems
- Design, plan, execute, monitor, and improve testing process
- Meet deadlines and work independently
- Monitor crash reports, alert teams to critical bugs, and open tickets with the appropriate teams
- Serve as the gatekeeper for mobile and web deployment; coordinate a go/no-go sign-off
- Oversee and ensure the quality of test plans, test cases, test matrix, and bug reporting
- Script and develop testing scenarios in a broad range of programming languages
- 5+ years of experience working in a tech-focused QA environment
- Familiarity with some common testing frameworks like Selenium for web or Appium and XCUITest for mobile.
- Present options and recommendations to facilitate testing and performance
- Design and maintain test automation frameworks
- Design and architect modular and reusable automated testing solutions
- Work closely with the test team to identify new automation opportunities
- Work with developers to design good unit testing code coverage
- Mentor more junior members of the QA team
- Contribute to managing of test environments
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information
- Keep current with advances in automation methodologies and tools
- Research, evaluate, and deploy new test tools
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration software
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or another STEM field
- Experience with virtualization or cloud services
- Passion for sports or betting
- Strong Java experience
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our employees, through a private exchange which allows our team members the ability to choose from several coverage levels and insurance carriers (both local and national carriers). Along with medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage, there are also voluntary plans available to employees. PI also offers our employees office perks such as free catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in the office.