Title: Senior Manager – OCI-FSS Location: Santa Clara, CA or Burlington, MA or willing to relocate to the area The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications. Are you someone with a passion for taking on big challenges? Are you interested in large-scale, highly distributed systems? If so, then Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is for you. We're looking for strong technical leaders with backgrounds in distributed systems and storage to help build a highly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment on a massive scale. You will never be bored in this job. We need people with a passion towards customer satisfaction and expertise in distributed systems, storage, and highly available services. How will we build this? It could be up to you but we apply solid engineering and design principles to develop world-class, highly available services. We are still at an early stage and an entrepreneurial, fast-paced mentality is critical for success in this position: a passionate can-do attitude, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to collaborate while acting, as a thought leader in your area of expertise will serve you well on Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure Team. Does this sound like a challenge you're ready for? Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure team is building second-generation Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate in a broadly-distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. Our mission is to provide our customers with best-in-class compute, networking, and storage services to build their businesses on our cloud. https://cloud.oracle.com/en_US/cloud-infrastructure As a service leader, you will:
- Manage the design, development, and operations of a team within our file storage service group.
- Collaborate with your team, peers, and senior leadership to identify requirements, coordinate delivery, and integrate solutions for new features and functionality.
- Help define service strategy and roadmap.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership.
- Recruit and continue to build out a capable and cohesive engineering team.
- 6+ years experience designing, delivering, and operating large scale distributed systems in production environments.
- 3 years experience managing or leading the design, delivery, and operation of large scale distributed systems.
- Demonstrable success mentoring and growing junior engineers to senior levels.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, databases, storage and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Experience with build automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment tools.
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.