As part of the Wholesale Payment Technology Site Reliability Engineer team, you’ll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to support our telemetry needs. You’ll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you’ll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. You will also help execute processes and protocols that the Wholesale Payment Technology application owners will use to facilitate improved support for an application suite that moves trillions of dollars per day.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Participate in b uilding solutions that reduce user issues and can be easily supported. Work with application developers to understand the runtime state of a product more effectively through telemetry.
* Support the creation and maintenance of SLO and SLA.
* Implement the necessary application infrastructure, including plans to roll out and continue maintenance to in support of the telemetry solution.
* Collaborate with other SREs to build / leverage and use common solutions, preventing duplication of efforts across the firm.
* Participate in observability discussions and align with the firm-wide strategy.
Requirements & Qualifications:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Curious about the observability domain and solving large scale system telemetry problems.
* 2+ years of hands-on software engineer experience.
* Experience at least one cloud platforms like Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure
* Knowledge of one or more of the infrastructure components. (E.g. Routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage and networks)
* Hands-on experience with cloud deployment, monitoring, and ops analysis tools such as Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, Splunk, DynaTrace, etc.
* Demonstrated communication and ownership skills.
* Debugging and trouble shooting skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans