The Naval Aviation Department at MITRE is seeking a software engineer experienced in development and optimization of embedded, real-time software. The applicant must have a wide breadth of knowledge in software engineering across the software development lifecycle, have the curiosity to explore emerging technology in the real-time embedded space, have a passion for continual learning, and work well as a consultant. S/he should be comfortable working outside of his or her areas of expertise to help identify and describe local customer/sponsors problems to others and assist in project definition and shaping within the Naval Aviation Portfolio.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Sponsor, advising them across all aspects of the software engineering lifecycle
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines as part of Integrated Product Teams, and help define both program and technical direction
- Architect, design and implement software for complex, real-time, embedded systems
- Assess current systems, and conduct independent trade studies to shape the direction of the Navy’s next generation of aviation systems
- Engage across a wide range of non-technical stakeholders to help them understand software related concepts, challenges, and proposed solutions
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 8 years related experience
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
- Bachelor’s Degree in SW Engineering or Computer Science or related field
- Good communication skills and the ability to present highly technical material to a diverse audience
- Strong background in software engineering and requirements development & management
- Naval Aviation Domain knowledge/experience
- Demonstrated experience in performing analytical work
- Possess and maintain a Top Secret level security clearance
- Obtain and maintain a TS/SCI level security clearance