Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award-winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
Core Banking provides technology support for applications across all lines of business (Auto/Education, Business Banking, Card Services, Centralized Transactions Operations, Commercial Banking, Consumer Bank, Consumer Internet Group, Credit Risk, Finance, Home Lending, Investment Bank, Treasury & Securities Services, Wealth Management). ESDD is the centralized data hub for Core Banking. ESDD provides high-volume, high-performance enterprise data integration (ETL) capabilities. These capabilities include extracting, transforming and distributing data from and across multiple databases, applications and platforms including on premise and cloud.
The Data Integration Developer will be a key member of the Provide My Account Information (PMAI) product group. The candidate must be self-motivated with a background in technology to translate business needs into data rich, enabled applications and tools. Technical and intellectual curiosity is required, along with the ability to pick up concepts and techniques quickly in order to execute projects and solutions. Technical debugging and problem resolution are important components of the position. As we work with diverse datasets, an understanding of ETL toolsets, and query optimization is required. Work closely with software engineers and QA personnel to ensure that technology solutions meet user requirements.
A data integration developer is responsible for the following key areas:
* Creation of ETL Data Pipeline processes to validate, transform, enrich, and integrate data
* Adopt cutting edge technologies such as cloud/containers as a part of application evolution and modernization
* Understand business requirements and collaborate with the architecture team to translate them into technical design
* Participate in end-to-end development lifecycle activities of the application, including design, coding, testing and deployment activities.
* Produce comprehensive tests for all developed code. Support and participate in system and integrated testing across sub-systems as the need arises.
* Provide technical support for the application on a rotational basis, including meeting service level and performance requirements; and diagnosing and evaluating inefficient processes/code.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering (any), or related field.
* 2+ years of experience in the design and delivery of ETL solutions Java (preferred), Spark (basic)
* 1+ years of experience in Cloud deployment (AWS, Kubernetes), Kafka, CI / CD, Automation
* Knowledge of application, design-patterns, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Experience in UNIX and/or AIX operating environment and UNIX shell scripting is required
* Ability to understand, modify and write SQL queries
* Working experience as Agile developer and good understanding of SDLC methodologies/guidelines
* Knowledge of big data technologies like Hadoop/HIVE/Spark
Ideal candidates should possess:
* Basic concepts of data integration architecture
* Basic understanding of data modeling concepts
* A grasp of various components of standard ETL Data Pipeline tools
* Design and development experience with data integration solutions using an ETL tool (preferably Ab Initio)
* Understanding of Big data technologies including but not limited to Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Impala and HBase
* Strong grasp on SDLC concepts including development best practices, code migration procedures and test automation
* Ability to work in an Agile development environment against challenging project timelines
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans