As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Looking for an Engineer Advocate who has recent hands on engineer lead experience familiar with the pain developers go through in their modernization journey. The role is to advocate for improvements in our SDLC tooling, Photon framework as well as engineering practices to reduce friction, improve operational efficiency and leading effort to create consumable documentation around the best practices for the broad engineers community. This role provides a platform to influence product architecture, scope and modernization solutions that impacts all engineers in Consumer & Community Banking. For a technically focused engineer that wants to remain hands on, we have ample opportunity for the person filling this role to remain hands on.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Bachalor degree or equivalent experience
* Experienced in developing software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications, business analysis, maintenance and software improvement.
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Ability to measure and optimize system performance to have improved customer experience
* Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
* Improve reliability, quality, and time to market of the product solutions.
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture and helping Engineer community
* Strong understanding of hybrid cloud strategy and cloud computing technologies including: Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, AWS.
* Experience instrumenting applications using any of telemetry libraries
* Experience in using Prometheus, Service Mesh, Chaos Engineering a plus.
* Experience with event driven app architecture (Kafka preferred)
* Strong understanding and thought leadership in the space of Observability, Telemetry, DevOps, and SRE is desired.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills is key for this role, and ability to advocate for engineers to get their perspective.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans