We are seeking an experienced software engineering lead in our global Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team supporting our Big Data platform. This individual will be expected to lead a team of software engineers who will grow into subject manage experts, work with functional application development teams, partner with infrastructure engineers and production support analysts to determine requirements for designing and developing automation, SDLC and development environment testing & integration tools. The toolsets developed must pass the rigour of JPMC’s cyber security standards.
The SRE team runs, maintains and improves the Big Data Platform against established Service Level Objectives by applying software engineering practices. It is responsible for the availability, performance, change management, monitoring, and capacity management of their services, with special emphasis being placed on the automation of the processes/workload in support of the above. The SRE team is also responsible for the operational support of the Big Data infrastructure, with emphasis being placed on the ability to submit outage/issue/incident data into a design and SDLC feedback loop to ensure maximum automation and outage avoidance.
Key responsibilities this role would include:
* Engage with development teams throughout the life cycle of incident, ensure lessons learned are translated into automated or process adjust responses to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoot incidents, participate in blameless post-incident evaluations and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Analyze self-healing and resiliency patterns and contribute to software which can use these outcomes
* Implement best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end flow monitoring and noiseless alerting
Key Qualifications include:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business
* Strong knowledge and experience in DevOps and Agile teams
* Strong knowledge and experience across multiple platforms, including Cloud architecture
* Knowledge/experience in Hadoop environment administration, release deployments to HBase, supervising Hadoop jobs, performing cluster coordination services will be preferable
* Knowledge of Unix/Linux administration, Unix scripts and platform level orchestration scripting. Should be knowledgeable about automating the build and deployment process.
* Knowledge in Python,
* Knowledge of DB technologies (Oracle, MS SQL DB, Sybase, etc)
* Familiarity with Control M and AutoSys job scheduler
* Knowledge and experience in Web based applications / architecture (Certificates, IIS, Web Services)
* Knowledge of GIT, BitBucket, Jenkins, SONAR, SPLUNK, Maven, AIM and Continuous Delivery tools.
* Knowledge of Load balancing, IP, DNS
* Knowledge of Cloud (private cloud, public cloud etc) working experience of cloud environments like AWS is a plus.
* Ability to work directly with AD, Business and Operators
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral appropriately scaled for technical or business audience
* Excellent interpersonal skills, team player
* Strong analysis, research, investigation and evaluation skills, with a structured approach to problem solving
* Ability to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment that includes a global focus
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
So if you’re ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans