J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve institutional, high net worth and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; High bridge Capital Management; and Private Banking, which includes the Private Bank, Private Wealth Management, and J.P. Morgan Securities. We are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The AWM Data management group within the Technology division of J.P. Morgan Asset Management serves all aspects of the business, providing best in class architecture and enterprise data solutions and services used as the foundation for technology development.
The AWM Data management development team is currently seeking an Application Developer to join a team responsible for the delivery of application components and enhancements that support the Index and Benchmarks project for AM Data Strategy in the public and private cloud.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Development projects will include building new solutions / applications as well as enhancements to existing applications running on public (AWS) and private cloud. We employ agile methodology with development teams based in Bangalore and New Jersey, US.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Must be hands on developer.
* Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
* Proficiency in software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, documentation and software improvement
* Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs developing applications within mature technology environments.
* Ability to provide production support, liaising with users, debugging production issues and resolving.
* Experience in dealing with multi-location teams.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience in leading and mentoring junior engineers.
* Flexibility, able to execute against tight deadlines, work with minimum supervision, exercise independent judgment, and prioritize work
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Performing additional duties as required.
* B-Tech/M-Tech degree or equivalent experience.
* 4+ years of hands-on programming/application development experience in JAVA 8 (and above), or other modern languages such as Python, Spring Ecosystem based development tech stack, REST/API
* Good application knowledge of Java Design Patterns and comfortable with multiple programming paradigms (Object oriented and Functional) and have a pragmatic approach to pick the right ones for the right problems.
* Hands on SQL experience with expertise in writing optimal queries for various data retrieval scenarios.
* Knowledgeable about Normalized and De-Normalized ways of storing data and trade-offs associated with the same.
* Experience developing cloud native applications and building resiliency around micro service.
* AWS or any Cloud Platform hands on experience is a plus.
* Hands on experience in messaging platforms such as Apache Kafka is a plus.
* Hands on experience in Angular, React js is a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly assess the impact of an issue, communicate to key partners, and facilitate a solution.
* Ability to present technical solutions to non-technical colleagues, ensuring mutual understanding and empowering future collaboration.
* Results oriented, willingness to commit to a direction and drive to completion.
* Discuss and comprehend requirements to recommend optimal solutions.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans