As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Designing mission-critical systems with no downtime
* Working proficiency with developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
Java developer typically (but is not limited to) performs the following:
* Designs and develops solutions to support business initiatives
* Insures that solutions can scale to 1000s TPS and can handle failures
* Writes efficient code to process millions of real time Kafka messages
* Designs and writes code to automate communication testing.
* Promotes knowledge sharing and introduces knew ideas to the team
* Works with production support and infrastructure teams to find solutions to improve application resiliency in VSI and cloud environment
* Maintains an evergreen repository of knowledge base on application resiliency.
* Willing to learn and work on new technologies as required.
* 2+ years minimum experience as a developer
* Experience building and supporting mission-critical, 24/7 applications
* Proficiency in modern programming languages (understanding of lambas, futures, promises, reactive programming)
* Experience in server side programming (Java 8 preferred)
* Understanding of high-throughput applications (message processing, high TPS web-services)
* Experience with Spring ecosystem (Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Kafka)
* Experience with performance monitoring and testing.
* Experience utilizing Kafka, NoSQL technologies (Cassandra preferred)
* Experience with messaging technologies – WebSphere MQ/JMS, RabbitMQ.
* Experience with code testability standards, JUnit/Mockito, Cucumber integration
* Proficiency with GIT
* Experience working in a fast-paced delivery environment.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Understanding of Email, Text (SMS) and Push technologies is a plus
* Knowledge of SQL code/stored procedures is a plus
Experience with scripting and working in a Linux environment is a plus.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans