As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of Java/J2EE application development experience.
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages Java, J2EE server technologies including XML, JMS, and JAX-WS
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Experience in Core Java including Java 8 and above as well as experience with annotation, enum, collections, generics, multithreading, concurrency, regular expressions, etc.
* Experience performing server-side Java programming in a WebSphere/Tomcat environment
* Experience with Spring including knowledge of building Soap/RESTful Web Services, MVC, and Spring Boot
* Knowledge on Cloud computing, AWS, Casandra, Kafka, Spark would be highly desired
* Experience with IDE (Integrated Development Environment), including using Eclipse/IntelliJ for development and local testing/debugging and experience Running/debugging an application locally on a Tomcat instance
* Experience with Build and Integration Tools, including knowledge of Jenkins, Maven, Git and BitBucket
* Knowledge of Web Security is a plus including Cross Site Scripting and HTTP injection
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans