About JPMorgan Chase Technology
Join the next wave of innovators
Our $9 billion annual spend on technology gives us a competitive edge. You’ll not only collaborate to develop solutions that improve the financial lives of millions, but also help to increase the velocity to market for our products and services.
Vice President, Software Engineering
As a Senior Software Engineering (Vice President), your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. Collaborating with our network of global technologists will enable you to deliver diverse and inclusive software solutions.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* MS degree with 8-10 years of experience.
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Solid understanding of financial systems, data and business process.
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
* Java development fluency with 5-7 years’ experience on server side application development.
* Excellent knowledge of Java technologies including core Java 8, Spring, Spring boot and application containers.
* Very good design and development skills to build Cloud Native Micro Services.
* In-depth experience in designing and architecting a highly performant and resilient search platform for fast retrieval of client’s information using any of Elastic, Lucene or Solr indexing technology.
* Distributed caching experience with technologies such as Pivotal Gemfire, Redis, Oracle Coherence, Hazelcast, or Cassandra Cache.
* Working knowledge of Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Pig and Scoop.
* Hands on knowledge of messaging technologies like Kafka.
* Hands on knowledge of UNIX scripting and Database development skills including SQL, relational data design and stored procedures.
* Integration technologies experience such as ETL, Camel, Mule or Pentaho ESB.
* Development skills using CI/CD pipeline tools like Maven & Jenkins
* Preferred if acquainted with public cloud ecosystems( AWS/VMware Tanzu/ GCP) and CI/CD/containerization tools configurators (Skaffold, Jib, Dockers, Kubernetes).
* Experience in testing/automation frameworks ( Cucumber, Pupeteer, Selenium, Junit) and Test driven development (TDD) & Behavior driven development (BDD) experience.
* Good knowledge of source code control systems, preferably GIT/Bit Bucket
* Knowledge of agile software development methodologies and use of tools like Jira to run daily scrum and sprints.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal skills including strong written and verbal communication
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans