A critical priority for Asset & Wealth Management is to ensure that high-quality data is available to run our business and meet our clients’ needs. We work with the WM business and Firm wide users, data scientists, ML team, CDO to analyze data, and ensure data governance and data quality standards are in place, look for efficiencies in business processes and associated market and reference data costs, and work with our technology partners to implement solutions.
This newly created role, at Senior Bigdata Engineer level is to support the following key areas in support of growth strategy of the International Private Bank, within Wealth Management:-
* Bigdata Analytics platform
* Work with a team of engineers and developers to deliver against the overall technology data strategy
* Develop framework, metrics and reporting to ensure progress can be measured, evaluated and continually improved.
* Experience in building pipelines from different sources/entities.
* Experience working with Big Data tools and frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, Avro, Hive and Impala
* Exposure to building highly scalable and resilient applications on cloud technologies. Preferred AWS ecosystem.
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Experience of working in a development teams, using agile techniques and Object Oriented development and scripting languages, is preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Ensure enterprise data platforms are standardized, optimized, available, reliable, consistent, accessible and secure to support business and technology needs Oversee enterprise data stores, warehouses, repositories, schemas, catalogs, access methods and other enterprise related data assets
* Drive knowledge management practices for key enterprise data platforms and collaborate within solution design and delivery
* Collaborate with peers across Enterprise Data Management, to deliver on the overarching strategy
* Full time Product Owner for the cluster empowered to make decisions, enforce discipline in the cluster and has the sponsorship/buy-in of the tenant applications senior leaders
* Responsible for the Engineering discipline across the platform
* Establishes governance and control processes within the cluster
* Proficient experience in JAVA/J2EE, Python/Scala.
* Solid understanding of Hadoop technologies (YARN, Hive, Impala, MR, Spark, etc.)
* Good exposure on working with different kind of file formats like Avro, Parquet, ORC etc.,
* Proficient in cloud eco system, In-depth knowledge on s3,glue,lamda,elastic search & streaming technologies like Kafka, Kinesis or Spark Streaming
* Proficient with Unix/Linux (building/assembling packages, shell scripts & configuration management)
* Experience working with Vendors/Open Source in the Hadoop ecosystem
* Knowledge of enabling Kerberos and best practices for securing data a plus
* Cloudera eco system experience is plus.
* Machine Learning and Analytics knowledge is plus.
* Knowledge of the open source community (opening issues, tracking issues and identifying problematic issues ahead of time by tracking open JIRA issues in the community)
* Thinks strategically – sets overall direction for solution design and delivery for enterprise platforms aligned to the data & analytics strategy
* Results Driven – sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved outcomes, leading change and ensuring high standards
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in conveying technical design and approach.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans