As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
* Responsible for all aspects of technology delivery.
* Champion leveraging modern technologies including cloud backed APIs, microservices and DevSec culture.
* Manage risk and deliver technical tasks related to the solution e.g. breaks, defects, patches & upgrades.
* Manage agile software delivery teams; most experienced members who spend over 50% of their time on organizational management and skill sets that are fungible across all job families.
* Talent assessment and talent management.
* Mentor team members to progress their technical and professional skills.
* Build and maintain relationships with business and technology team members.
* Triage technical issues and lead teams toward solving problems.
* Plan team capacity to accommodate demands.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Measurable experience of industry-wide modern technology trends and best practices.
* Advanced experience in cloud technologies and patterns (AWS, Google Cloud).
* Quantifiable experience working with cloud backed APIs and microservices.
* Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns and experience building thread safe code.
* Expert level experience designing and building REST web services at Internet scale.
* Demonstrated experience building Internet scale platforms from the ground up. Strong understanding of OOP & SOA principles, enterprise design patterns and industry best practices with experience using modern technology (e.g. Java, Cassandra, Kafka) and design patterns (e.g. microservices, APIs).
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
* Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems.
* Extensive experience with database technology such as Oracle, MySQL, or Amazon RDS and messaging technologies such as IBM MQ and Apache Kafka.
* Experience with automated testing tools and capabilities (Cucumber, Selenium, ATDD, TDD).
* Passionate about building an innovative technology culture.
* Extensive and recent experience leading technical delivery teams and building enterprise- class products.
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals.
* Experience with high volume, mission critical applications.
* Experience with tuning high volume applications.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Strong analytical, troubleshooting skills, and problem solving skills.
* Strong organizational and management skills.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans