As an Engineering Lead, you leverage your strong technical acumen to drive modern engineering practices and ensure that your team members’ work adheres to firm standards while remaining efficient, scalable and repeatable. Additionally, you use your exceptional interpersonal and management skills to manage 1 – 3 Agile teams representing a total of 5 – 16 members, supporting them to succeed with personalized coaching, learning opportunities, and a productive and respectful work environment.
* Oversee full end-to-end product development (API, UI and backend systems).
* Design and drive technology solutions including overseeing detailed designs, implementation and test plan reviews to ensure deliverables that align with the organization needs and meet customers’ high expectations.
* Create a supportive, coaching and mentoring work environment that encourages growth and experimentation, tolerates smart failure, and promotes retrospective reviews to understand the cause of those failures and how best to adjust accordingly moving forward.
* Provide team members with the necessary information and support to succeed, including clear and consistent feedback, active coaching to improve skills and capabilities, and easy access to all necessary information and data.
* Guides the team and the technology they support towards resiliency and stability through quality software development.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
* Depth of knowledge with Microservice and event architecture
* Depth of knowledge with Software Delivery mechanics and practices
* Familiarity and/or hands on experience with frameworks such as Spring, React, AngularJS, and Node JS
* Experience in cutting edge Java architectures, including Cloud, AWS, PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) Photon/Springboot, Kafka, RDBMS, Cassandra, (Cockroach DB a plus)
* Ability and willingness to provide constructive feedback to employees with the goal of improving performance and productivity.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical colleagues.
* Facilitate and support colleagues within and across various teams to explore design approaches, prototype new technologies, and evaluate technical feasibility.
* Excellent technical skills and knowledge of programming best practices for the entire software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
* Hands-on experience as a software developer.
* Solid understanding and practice of agile methodologies and project management.
* Deep understanding of end-to-end product development processes, including risk, audit, controls, legal and compliance.
* Experience building APIs at internet scale using Java/Spring frameworks with ability to work at code level, and with tuning high volume applications
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans