This will require an understanding of requirements, operating models, business flows and data and then partnering with technical specialists to deliver appropriate solutions. There is an implicit ownership and accountability for the solution working as intended.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented hands-on leader who can handle many different roles such as:
* Contributes to product area, or software in order to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoots priority incidents, facilitates blameless post-mortems and supports solutions for closure
* Engages with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases.
* Applies analytics on past data, like incidents and usage patterns for predicting issues and takes proactive actions.
* Drives adoption of self-healing and resiliency patterns.
* Lead and participate in performance tests, identifies the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demands
* Defines and drives adoption of a best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting with proper telemetry
* Deploys sustainable software, system and product upgrades
* Adds value to team delivery and works with team to complete tasks to high quality and actively learns new skills
* Self manages the effort split between operational work and engineering work
* Supports end-user functional and system support issues via various channels (e.g. tickets, email, chat)
* Be part of the rotational support coverage as needed
* Mentors other junior team members
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Application Development work experience – Agile environment preferred
* Experience with Java 8/J2EE in a distributed application development using a framework such as Spring Boot
* Solid understanding of microservices and REST APIs
* Solid understanding of building services in the cloud
* Design skills needed such as resiliency and error handling topics
* SQL/NoSQL and Maven experience
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans