Imagine an industry where people collaborate on a truly global scale, where people can be in Vietnam, and help solve a problem in South America. An industry that is vital for the well-being of billions of people, intertwined with companies from all over the world that produce and sell something across borders. Sounds like a complex endeavor? Well, this is where we come in. Our Company Simplifying global trade (has been our) is Forto’s mission from day one. Forto stands for scalable and sustainable logistics technologies that allow users to own their entire supply chain. A one-stop-shop and single face to the customer that would cover the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. A growing team of over 450 technology and logistics experts at eight locations, together with financing totalling over USD 50 million, forms the basis for further growth.
- Build quoting and routing algorithms to calculate prices for moving goods globally, e.g. what does it cost and how long does it take to move 150 bikes from Taiwan to Berlin via airplane?
- We ingest live tracking data of ships, trucks and airplanes to infer meaningful actions on the supply chain, e.g. re-routing shipments when a ship arrives late
- Build a platform that makes global logistics easy, enabling our customers to focus on their core business, e.g. by providing them with a visual dashboard and map of their supply chain for actionable insights at any time
- Automate processes to lift the degree of automation from 5% to 90% – killing faxes, emails, and phone calls from logistics once and for all
- We build complex APIs to connect our partners and customers, e.g. for sending a truck through Europe, without ever talking to the driver
What you bring
- 5+ Years of experience in software engineering
- 1+ Year of experience in managing engineers
- Passion for building a great product for customers and taking ownership for delivering high-quality systems
- Experience with motivating and enabling people – your success is the team’s success
- A mindset of continuous improvement
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
- Check out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4A7kaUaN4w.
- At Forto, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Forto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.