As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders daily to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The role is within our Wealth Management Document Management team as a software engineering lead for a team providing innovative digital solutions to improve Client experience and electronic document services used by Wealth management globally. You will work with a great team of people globally and have the opportunity to influence the design and architecture of the solutions we create.
* Work as a developer Lead and provide guidance to a team of developers
* Liaising with business users and other technology teams to identify, assess and document business user stories
* Participating in project scoping and planning, writing technical documentation
* Designing and executing clean and progressively enhanced code that reflects the architectural direction.
* Undertaking development with modularity in mind to accommodate shifting priorities.
* Documenting test strategies, ensuring that requirements documents/user stories can be easily translated into test scripts, and ensuring the testing plans are fully completed.
* Problem solving production issues and implementing appropriate solutions, with a view to improving code quality.
* 5+years` experience in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Experience with cloud deployments and containers (preferably Kubernetes)
* Strong technical understanding of Java Core concepts, including memory management and multi-threading
* Experience with Java 8 or above
* Experience with restful services
* Experience with Kafka
* Experience with Spring, Spring Integration , Java Script , HTML , CSS and JUNIT
* Experience with Shell Script (Bash, Perl, Python)
* Experience with Scheduler tools (e.g. Autosys)
* Experience with CI/CD and DevOps tooling
* Experience with databases (Oracle, NoSQL )
* Experience with Linux
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans