SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARLINK DEVELOPER OPERATIONS)
Join the team responsible for the overall health and success of the software infrastructure that enables rapid development velocity and deployment reliability for all Starlink software. As a Senior Software Engineer specializing in developer operations, you will engage with other Starlink engineers to learn about their workflows, systems, and challenges. You will develop, deploy, and maintain creative solutions to shorten the software lifecycle and improve the reliability of continuous integration. Your creativity and relentless commitment to quality will be critical to the reliability of our service and the success of our business.
- Invent new tools that enable more frequent and reliable software deployment, test execution, and data analysis
- Optimize existing infrastructure to shorten the software development life cycle
- Work closely with Starlink software teams to learn their development workflows, and challenges
- Provide strong technical leadership, with focus on build systems, and continuous testing systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 4+ years in software engineering, OR 6+ years in software engineering without a degree
- Experience with version control, build systems, continuous integration, and continuous delivery concepts
- Experience developing across a full stack: web server, distributed workers, and client-side/front-end
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in developer operations tooling development
- Experience with build systems (Make, Bazel etc.) and package management tools (pip, npm, etc)
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring
- Expertise with Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and collaborate within a team
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.