The impact you can have
On a daily basis, you will
- Dive deep into the language and debate about the best guidelines to use it effectively
- Evolve the way our analyzers understand code by creating better models and developing new rules on top of them
- Interact with our ESLint-based front-end and have the opportunity to contribute back to the linter
- Contribute to the code quality and security of many developers around the world
- Define the team’s short and long term goals
- Be in a team where continuous integration is not just a buzzword and which really cares to provide the best user experience
The skills you will demonstrate
- Fluency in best practices for maintainable, secure, performant, and testable code
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn Java used for integration with other components
- Curious and eager to learn about the small details of the JS/TS
- Bold and self-confident to challenge the status quo and yet humble and open to be challenged
- Knowledge of static code analysis is not required; you will learn it while working at SonarSource
Words from the team
The Languages Team’s mission is to build state-of-the-art static analyzers used by millions of developers.
We want to help developers to write better and safer code by spotting issues of several kinds for all major programming languages:
- Maintainability issues: code smells
- Reliability issues: bugs
- Security issues: vulnerabilities and security hotspots
Ultimately, we target all issues which can be found through static analysis, even if they require a very deep understanding of the code. The sky’s the limit! We believe that, as a side effect, our analyzers should educate developers about coding best practices thanks to the rule descriptions and to the raised issues.
From a SonarSource perspective, the mission of the Language Team is to generate the data that will provide the most valuable feedback for users of SonarSource’s products.
How to perform during interviews
If you want to have an overview of the hiring process and maximize your chances to pass, feel free to check our Interview Preparation Guide!