Platform.sh Technical Account Managers fill a crucial role in providing our clients with a wide range of technical assistance. They work with our key accounts from initial implementation to continued partnership management and consulting. They ensure the technical onboarding is thorough, timely, and prepare the clients for the successful adoption of our product and services. They continue to work with the clients as technical advisors and help implement solutions beyond the basic support scope.
The TAM Performance tuning specialist will enforce this team by helping the customer with performance-related activities, analysis, tuning, and demand/ capacity planning for business-critical, large scale, high availability applications.
- During the onboarding process, work with application development teams and business users to develop and validate performance requirements.
- Participate in customer’s application load test during the onboarding process and collaborate with customer developers to study optimization target applications to identify areas of performance improvement.
- Proactively analyze infrastructure usage to identify potential bottlenecks.
- Participate in a performance tuning workshop for existing customers to help optimize their application performance on the Platform.sh product.
- Participate in documenting best practices for different web applications frameworks configuration on Platform.sh
- Participate in the day to day TAM role, helping customers’ development teams adopt and learn to make more efficient use of the platform. This includes technical onboarding, training, and general technical consulting, but can also include highly specific tasks like configuration help and troubleshooting. This may include onsite sessions with clients.
- Taking part in regular review calls with clients, remotely or face-to-face, as a technical advisor.
- Liaising with product and engineering teams when necessary for product improvements and high demand feature requests.
- Keeping up to date with our new product features and improved solutions to be able to provide the best solutions to our clients on a continued basis.
This position encompasses some traveling (up to 15%).
- Relational database skills
- Extensive experience with web applications of various kinds. PHP, Node.js, and Python applications are especially important to our current business
- Good knowledge of Magento Ecommerce, Symfony, Drupal, eZ Platform, or Typo3
- Experience with IaaS solutions, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: demoing products, explaining the value and fielding technical, process and business-related questions
- Ability to do the job in exquisite written and spoken English
- Deep understanding of complete, modern hosting stacks
- Experience with CDNs
- Knowledge of DNS
- Understanding of SSL certificates and encryption
- Ability to use Git
Nice to have
- Public speaking experience
- Blogging or writing experience
This is a fully remote position. Prior experience with fully remote work is not required, but a command of written communication is the key to your success in this role.