Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. Our unique value stack combines pioneering IIoT technologies with skilled delivery, exclusive financing, and risk-free insurance models. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Relayr has been selected as one of the Built In Best Places to Work in Chicago and Austin in 2021. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark – the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
As a Technical Lead based out of our Chicago office, you will assist our engineering team in identifying the best fit to customer on-site needs, bridging the physical and digital world with a product-oriented approach. You will work closely with Solution Engineering, Customer Success Management, Project Management, and other global engineering team members to align roadmaps, provide feedback, and insight for our solution deployments. Lastly, this role is ideal if you enjoy and have experience in new product launches and looking for your chance to leave a lasting impact.
- Develop scalable services and dashboards using relayr’s cloud, components, and modules
- Ensuring priorities are clear for the team. Overseeing conflicting priorities when necessary and serving as technical escalation expert of the team.
- Defining technical strategy of the team
- Help the Engineering Manager to grow our technical team and foster an agile engineering culture.
- Contribute to the concept, development, integration, and design of complex components and subsystems.
- Mentor for more junior employees, offering guidance for best practices
- First contact for a technical topic from stakeholders
- Together with the project or business team, build the project and release plans and ensure the team delivers the agreed work with quality and excellence.
- Report and work together with the Engineering Manager to create and drive initiatives to improve the business and teams worldwide.
- 7 years of progressive career experience ideally in industrial project and product development in environments
- Proven experience in IoT development and architecture
- Experience with external contractors, developers, and vendors
- Experience in continuous integration (CI)
- Knowledge of version control software and project maintenance
- Experience with agile development lifecycles and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban), and tools (Jira, etc.)
- Willingness to travel (5-10%) (after COVID-19 restrictions are lifted)
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Beautiful office located in downtown Chicago with a great view over the city.
- Work life balance including a flexible work from home policy, vacation, holidays, and sick time.
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are – join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe.
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team.
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline.
- Competitive salary.
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, flexible spending account, and commuter benefits.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- We offer paid parental leave for both women and men.
- Visit your customers on site and let us take care of your car expenses.
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.