Join finn.auto to make car ownership fun & sustainable and play a key role to fulfill our mission to build the most popular car ownership provider in the world. We launched in 2019, offering an all-inclusive car-subscription in Europe.
As a member of the engineering management team, working together with the CTO, the VP Engineer will lead up to 4 engineering teams, to ensure a vision and technical strategy together with Tech Leads. This includes the best-of-class engineering recruitment and personal development of every single engineer.
- Lead a world-class engineering team: You are responsible to build and lead a world-class engineering team. You will go the extra mile to coach and develop the team members on a daily basis.
- Enable the growth of finn.auto: Best software to support business. Together with your cross-functional engineering teams, you ship new features for our cloud platform. Thereby you actively participate in delivering the best software possible for our customers and business units
- Strive for excellence: You strive to deliver the best possible experience for our users by empowering them through effective software.
- Ensure fast and scalable architecture: You are still hands-on and able to hold a technical discussion with our engineers. Just people management is not enough.
- You build it, you run it: Together with your team, you build features with a “you build it, you run it” mindset and are responsible for testing, deployment, and monitoring of your code. Yes, we believe in Serverless.
- Contribution to finn.auto’s overall strategy: Being part of the executive team you contribute to finn’s overall strategic planning to support its future growth.
// Your Profile
- You graduated top of your class with a Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent from a top-tier university.
- You have a proven track record (5+ years) in software engineering of larger projects, preferably with B2B, B2C or SaaS products in technology-based companies or startups
- Experience (3+ years) in a (multi-) team lead role. More than 6 direct reports required. Managing people is just as exciting as managing software.
- Ability to constantly see the bigger picture and manage to inspire others with your visions. You are always one step ahead through anticipatory action.
- You are building and working in high-performance, strong cross-functional software development teams (Coding skills are a must)
- Profound knowledge of React, Python, NodeJS or Go
- Passion for shipping CI/CD is a must. Putting code live every day is a given
- “Never-stop-learning” attitude and a desire to develop and grow
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work
- You are fluent in English
// Values We Share
- Customer first – Always focus on our customers’ needs. Reduce complexity, increase quality.
- Own it – Be entrepreneurial in everything you do. Take responsibility for your individual and finn’s overall goals.
- Embrace the struggle – Apply attention to detail and don’t shy away from tough decisions. Never stop getting your hands dirty.
- We grow and succeed together – We help each other to succeed as a team and grow as individuals. We love to fight and to win together.
- Be honest and open-minded – Always speak out the truth, even if it hurts. Dare to be authentic and embrace others’ authenticity.
// Our Profile
- Founders who focus on product and developer needs while building the most popular mobility provider
- We are a dynamic team in the heart of Munich (Prinzregentenplatz) that strives to make mobility fun & sustainable
- We live a culture of trust and ownership. Every idea and every opinion is welcome.
- We believe in DevOps, continuous integration, and testing
- We love and live agile as a SCRUM team, with open boards, regular retros, and daily stand-ups.
- Join an open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. You have the freedom to choose your equipment, accessories, editors, tools, and technology and are given plenty of room for learning and experimentation.
- We value our joint lunches and team activities and will make sure that every team member feels welcome!
// Compensation Package
- Excellent fixed salary
- Virtual equity share of the company
- 1,500€ yearly personal development budget: We constantly motivate and fund you to learn, grow and advance your potential