As a Senior Software Engineering (Vice President), you will help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-gen order management platforms that improve the way our business is run.
* Delivery of software on time and on budget, based on original scope and requirements
* Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
* Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality to meet those needs
* Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development approach
* Partner with supporting tech leads to develop realistic and achievable project estimates
* Analysis and build within Control, Stability, Resiliency, Capacity & Performance areas
* Testing: Unit, SIT & UAT planning and management
* Robust delivery of code into the production environment
* Take part in decisions affecting long range organizational goals & strategic planning.
* Proactively look to develop, implement and further development best practices across the group. The areas of focus should include, but not be limited to quality improvement, code reviews, code/architecture standards, code reuse, and reduction of support calls, technical documentation and technical design specifications
* Excellent knowledge of Core Java (greater than 7 years)
* Prior experience with order management platforms (equities or any other asset class)
* Relevant university degree, or equivalent work experience
* Proven track record of application development experience
* Java Frameworks i.e. Spring; Hibernate
* Test Driven Development Skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Process analysis and design
* Experience in the following technologies would be useful, however not essential: MQ/JMS, Unix shell scripting
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans